Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rednesday View Masters

 Look what I found....
Talk about Red, with a capitol 'R'.
This is just the case...
 and look what was inside.. TWO view-masters and some reels.
Dated 1946, and made in Portland,Or (only 100 miles from us!)
Oh so fun!!

And I found this article about  
Florence Thomas, who lived in Portland,
and who built miniature sets for the photographers to
take pictures of for the reels. Very interesting.
Who would have ever thought about how they were made?

Now my grand kids can see 3-D without going to the movies. =)
(I know it is not the same. 
But,how fun for them to see it the way we saw it when we were kids,
and see part of  how they were made.)

Thanks for visiting.
blessings
barbara jean

I'm joining Rednesday today.
If you love red, hop on over. =)

Rednesday

6 comments:

craftyles said...

I remember those. Cute!!

Unknown said...

Oh I still have mine! I love to take it out when nieces and nephews come by. Surprisingly the GameBoy and Dish get turned off?!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I used to just love my viewmaster as a kid. I even had a light attachment for mine!! LOL!!

Hugs,
Deb

Stephanie said...

I had one of these as a kid. Now I have some reels but have no idea what happened to the viewmaster. You are right about not thinking about how they were made. I never would have thought they were miniature sets built just for the viewmaster reel.

Jill said...

I always loved my Viewmaster - I was very interested to read your post as I just did one a couple of weeks ago
http://jillslittlebit.blogspot.com/2012/02/view-master-reels.html

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Oh gosh, what a find! Love that!

Happy Rednesday!