Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's a Guy Thing


These are pictures of....

a 'new' gadget I got.....

a "split Image Transit", with all accessories,
and even a leathery carrying case.

a what????
"The finest, low cost, level and incline measure ever built."
"It is a precision instrument that will indicate level,
and measure difference in elevation in inches,
within a fraction of an inch at any distance."

It is an instrument that one man can use to check level at any distance.

OK. So what you say??
It is one of my 'manly' things at the store.
How many 'manly' things do I have?
Maybe up to 10 now. =)

Blessings to all you girly girls,
and manly men who read this.

barbara jean

Used in the 1960's for

5 comments:

Grace said...

My brother the surveyor would LOVE that transit. I'll have to stop by. Been too long since I've been in your shop anyway. :-)

Old Time Cindy said...

I had to smile reading this. Ten...you say? Yes, you have to have something for the men to browse through. I have quite a few manly things in my shop. Hubby helps me with the buying. :)

Tete said...

It's used for surveying.

BeautifulDees said...

My husband is a contractor and we use something like that...but my DH call's it shooting grade. Really a guy thing.
LOve,Debbie

Lynn said...

I am going to have to google this manly thing!