Monday, July 4, 2011

Rednesday Fun




old skates

croquet ball
rusty red tool box.
Love tool boxes!
Love old bread boxes too.
The rustier the better.
I store my old garden tools in this when it is not
a patriotic teddy bear home.
I have grown to love old tools.
Maybe it is because they are rusty,
and I love rust!
But I like to find uses for them,
not just sit them around in a box.

So I use some to decorate my plants.
This is an old hand drill.
Wouldn't it be cute with a little sign attached?
One of these days I might even get it done. =)

and last but not least, I found this game.
Those cards on the left are all cardboard,
and ready to be used as is, or cut up for tags or.....?
any ideas?
and take a look at this.
Not just the year, 1961, but the
'be sure to enjoy these two new exciting games,
Yahtzee, Gung Ho.'
I think we must have started playing Yahtzee when it first came out.
Gung Ho. Never heard of it.
You?


Rednesday
OK time for you to check out all the other reds
at it's a very cherry world.

Thanks for stopping by,
and, love your comments if you have time.
blessings
barbara jean




7 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Barbara Jean,
I think I actually have cannisters in my kitchen that match your bread box!! LOL!
I love the idea of storing garden tools in an old bread box. Right now I have mine in an old milk bottle box which is in need of a painting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Great old Rusty decor ! I love it all!

LV said...

What wonderful red treasures you have. Brought back some forgotten memories for me.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Skates that you tighten with a key--wow!! It's been years since I've seen any of these!

RED OR YELLOW?

If you have a penchant for red,
Then scarlet will go to your head;
But if it is gold
You’d rather behold,
Then plant yellow roses instead.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Callejon (Alley)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am loving all your wonderful red finds! The old skates are my favorite!

Ann said...

Oh my goodness, those skates are toooooooo cute. What a great way to decorate with them.
Ann

Anonymous said...

Remember that old song, "I've got a pair of brand new roller skates, you've got a brand new key!" My bf gave me his key! Way too cute!