Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"New" Doll, Nests, and Hope

Here is the sweet 'new' doll I found.
Not sure just when I started liking them,
but if it is crackled, aged, a bit raggedy,
I'm drawn to it.
Oh, has to have just that certain personality/look too.
One of those 'you know it when you see it' things.

Her eyes open and close. Love that.




I have friends who restore old dolls.
I will ask them the best way to clean her and her clothes up.
And maybe fix her lips.
They are distracting I think.
But, if that is the way she came originally,
I will leave them.

She came in this little woolen coat.


and this sweet little dress which even has a slip under it.
All very thin, fine material. I do not want it
to disintegrate when it is cleaned.

And I'll ask my friend if she is at all valuable.
She has some markings on her neck.
``````````````````````````

Here are some little tags I am making.
Got the tags at a garage sale,
tea stained them, stamped them
and wallah! Cute tags.
And we can all use a little hope.


And I'm braggin' on my students who
made some cute nests Monday in class.
It was our first nest class at the store.
Old Trowel. (sorry for sideways pic)
a burned out candle. clever.
Go HERE to see rest of class pics.
Go HERE to see about next Monday's class.
(Teabag Rose Bouquet)

Thanks for joining me for White Wednesday
and Boardwalk Bragfest.

White Wednesday


Photobucket


Hope you will go visit these great blogs, and thank our
wonderful hostesses.

Blessings

Barbara jean

14 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I would so take that class if I lived closer!! Those are some great nests! LOVE them! I love the doll too! Beautiful....don't you wish you knew her history? I always wonder about things like that...

Hope you are having a great week!

Lou Cinda :)

The Green Pea said...

Dolly is so sweet! I just love the way she looks. sandi

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I love the doll, too, Barbara! She has great little clothes, too!

Rebecca said...

Love the sweet dollie-I can think of several places I would put her in my house-have fun with her!

Alaina said...

I love the old doll. Your nests are adorable too. Have a wonderful day.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh, I love your new dolly! I think she's beautiful!!.. I know, I can't resist, when I see one at some sale, sitting alone, no longer wanted or needed. It never takes long before I'm scooping it up to come home with me, where it will be loved, appreciated, and adored! ~tina

Claudia said...

I bought a doll with cracked composition recently because I fell in love with her - so I totally understand!

xo
Claudia

Tete said...

Your blog is wonderful and I love the doll with the open and close eyes.
Thanks for visiting!
Tete

Kim Hesson said...

Thanks so much for the heads up on my link! I'm going to see if I can find another place to do the same thing. I love your white stuff! Your tags are darling!

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Love those sweet tags...they have a nice french look to them!
Glad you stopped by my blog...looking forward to many happy meetings!
Blessings,
Karen

Candylei said...

Your doll is so sweet! Can't you imagine all the loving she has had and now she is getting some more from you! She came with the nicest wool sweater.
Now I'm off to your bird nest tutorial!
Thank you,
Candylei

The Feathered Nest said...

Such wonderful goodies dear Barbara!!!! I just love your new found baby doll and you know I love her in her "found" condition, she's amazing! and your class photos of the student's creations are beautiful!!!!! I know you must be a wonderful teacher as you are so good to even share right here on your blog. I hope you and your hubby are doing wonderful sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

Lynette Killam said...

I love your doll! I have a similar one that was made around my birthdate of 1947. Perhaps your is the same age. Her little clothes are delightful. Great find!

Lynette

Vicki Boster said...

LOVE this sweet doll Barb - she is the perfect vintage find!