Wednesday, October 21, 2009


Thrifty Thursday

vintage thingies thursday




Here is part of my Thrifty for today.

It is a book that has a lot of pics in it to use for my creations.






What makes this book extra special,
is that there is a CD in the back of it,
with everything in the book on it.

And what makes it so Thrifty is that it was only
$2.00 at the Dollar Store!!
Now, all I have to do is figure out how to use it! =0))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This is a vintage sewing machine cabinet.
I mean, there is no machine in it,
it just holds sewing supplies.
(what would you call it??)

Both ends lift up to store knitting and things,
and the drawers and ends were full of 'treasures'
when i got it.

That old needlepoint, on the top of the machine,
was in it also.

(this is also one of the new areas we are working on at
the store. It will look better next time you see it.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


These a few goodies i picked up at a sale.
Little globe, old books, a lamp, pearls, and a broken bust.
(love the bust even though it's neck has been broken.)
Hoping a bit of spray paint and antiquing will fix it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some Vintage books

Little Men 1940
and
Van Loon's Geography 1932.

Also this book (no pic)
Animal Studies 1906
a Twentieth Century Text Book
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A vintage Wagon
Just saw it at a floral/garden shop. Not mine. =0(



And this *nice fall painting of a covered
bridge right here in Oregon.
I painted it in 1978, so it's vintage by now.
So weird to think of something i did as being vintage. =0/


Thanks for coming by.

Have a super Thursday!!

Barbara Jean

oh, be sure to go visit the other thrifty and vintage treasures,
and thank our wonderful hostesses.

Barbara Jean

* some items will be in the gift shop soon

22 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Barbara Jean... I enjoyed looking at all of your neat things today. We had a sewing table like the one you have there, and my mother ended up using it as a bedside table. You really had a lot of things to show us there, and I enjoyed looking at all of them.

Happy Thrifty Thursday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Maureen said...

Soooo cool! Did you pick up that wagon??? Your sewing cabinet is called a Martha Washington cabinet. I've seen a couple before - really nice.

Coloradolady said...

Very neat things today. That sewing cabinet is so cute! I would use it to store sewing supplies and not even worry about a machine, it is really nice.

Have a great fall weekend and a wonderful VTT!.

Janet, said...

Love the sewing machine cabinet and that it was filled with treasures when you got it made it even better.

Kammy said...

Hello ~
You did a great job and finding cool things this week...I love tht sewing cabinet...maybe you should start painting again !
Kammy

Postcardy said...

You could call the sewing machine cabinet a "treasure chest."

marian said...

i LOVE your sweet sewing cabinet

★Carol★ said...

I love that painting you did of the covered bridge! You're so talented!
I have one of those sewing cabinets too. I see that Maureen has told you what it's called. They're so great, aren't they? They hold so much stuff! Love your old books too!
Happy vTT!
Carol

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Lots of vintage and just plain wonderful thingies! That book with vintage images and a cd is just fantastic! Good stuff! :) Tammy

LV said...

I enjoyed seeing all your vintage items for today. They were all great, but love the old wagon shot.

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi Barbara Jean~~

You are NOT vintage. I painted my first oil in 1978...isn't that funny? It's is a treasure!!

I love the sewing chest. I think asnything goes, and keeping with the spirit. it is sort of cool that you keep all your knitting, sewing, etc. stuff in it!!

Happy Thrifty Thursday, my friend!!

xoxo
Jane

annies home said...

nice visiting your blog and getting a glimpse of your goodies

Sylvia said...

Oh what a great score on your sewing machine cabinet...you dont see that around anymore.

Lori E said...

I have one of those books too but not the wedding one. I have Alphabets and Ornaments.
You need to put in the cd and open the files and they will correspond to the numbers on the backs of the pictures. i.e. page 31 may be listed in the file pgs. 25-35 and then the item number will be there too.

Jocelyn said...

Great finds! Love the sewing chest. I'm a quilter, so I love all things that pertain to sewing.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Ally's Corner said...

Cool Book, you found some great stuff.

Ally

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hey Barbara Jean (when I say that I cannot help but sing the Bruce Springsteen song, called Bobby Jean)!
What great finds! Did you get the wagon? That is soo so cool. I can inagine the photo ops using it. LOL! Fun finds and they are all for sale? Thanks for linking up to thrifty Thursday, sweet friend! And thanks for dropping by Bloggeritaville!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

CC said...

Hi Barbra..
Everything is so pretty..I so like the book with CD and would love to have one,and the sewing cabinet is wonderful. The painting you did is beautiful, I think it's the very best.

Sandy said...

Your Martha Washington sewing cabinet never was meant to hold a sewing machine, but it sure is great for storage of sewing supplies. I love mine!

Lynn said...

Thank you for taking me on a tour of your great thrifty goodies!
The book/CD is all you'll ever need!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful lamp.

Angela said...

Hey Barbara Jean!

I love your sewing table! I know what you mean by not thinking something that you did back then as being vintage! lol Say it isn't so, we aren't getting older! lol Your painting is just beautiful! You did a great job on it! I'm sure it will be something that your family will Treasure for years to come.

Vintage Thingie Thursday!
Angela