Wednesday, October 7, 2009


Thrifty and Vintage mix ups!!

Thrifty Thursday

@bloggeritabille


vintage thingies thursday

@ Colorado Lady





Here it is Thursday again, and all

my Thrifty and Vintage treasures have

run smack dab into each other.

Let's see if we can figure it all out.


How about a vintage fan,
and a thrifty frame and cage.


A Thrifty clock, ($2.99)
and lamp ($1.00)

A vintage photo album ($1.00)
thrifty photo album (.25),
a box of cards, both thrifty and vintage (.15)


a "sweep the crumbs off the table thingy".
Thrifty ($1.00)
Vintage??


A Thrifty birdcage (.50) Vintage?? Maybe
Wheel rim. Cooool, and only $1.00
Thrifty old tin. (.10)


And this is the store where i got the bird cage.



It was a really old building,
(like is it safe to walk on the floor?)
but everything was .50!!!
Not much time to look, but did find the bird cage.


Digging through these boxes is my kind of fun.
Have to go back when i have more time. =0))


OK. That's it for now.
Not much time for thriftin' while we are getting new room ready.

Have a super thrifty and vintage day,
and be sure to visit out hosts and see all the other goodies.

blessings

barbara jean

Don't forget the contest.

Contest- How many hinges?

Contest- How many hinges?
Click on pic to guess. Ends Oct 11



21 comments:

Debbie said...

You found some great stuff.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Oh, that kind of shop you need to pack a lunch and a cooler and spend the day!

nice finds.

Ulla said...

I would love to dig in that shop! You found great things to show.

Miri said...

What a great shop...you made off with some treasures!

Keetha Broyles said...

Barbara Jean, THOSE boxes will require A LOT of digging!!!

I remember my grandma had a little table broom and crumb pan. I think I'd like to have one sometime - - - gotta keep my eyes open for one soon!

Kathi Fly said...

Wow, you found some great stuff. What a nice clock and birdcage! What fun shuffling through all of those treasures.

★Carol★ said...

That looks like my kind of junkin' place! I love to dig for my treasures! Oh, you found so many wonderful things. That birdcage is definitely vintage! And I love that fan and the box of cards!
Happy VTT!

Old Time Cindy said...

Some great finds. And 50 cents for every item in that store? Give me some sacks and get out of my way...
Thanks for sharing!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Honestly that looks like a crazy fun place to look around! And yeah, is the floor safe? LOL...but i kind of have the same thought at some sales :)

Rebecca said...

Wow! I would have lost track of time digging through all that stuff! My kind of fun!!!!!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Barbara Jean,

Wow, look at that treasure trove of goodies in that place! I want to go there too. My kind of place.
You got some neat stuff. I think I had a green birdcage like that 30 some yrs ago. I liked how you combined the vintage with thrifty.

Debbie

Dawn said...

Great finds Barbara Jean. That store is something else! I don't mind digging a little but they could use a little tiny bit of merchandising! LOL!
Hugs,
Dawn

Vonlipi said...

That is a store for me! I love going through all the boxes in search of a treasure!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Wow! I might've been afraid to walk in that place..and see I wouldve missed those killer deals. LOVE the birdcage!
Can I guess the hinges on this post? I am going to guess 27.
What great thrifty Thursday finds! LOve those treasures! Thanks for linking up, friend!
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Coloradolady said...

Great finds...I would like to dig around in those boxes too...Have a great weekend and a wonderful VTT!

Jocelyn said...

Wow great finds! I'm just getting around to visiting the VTT blogs. It's always so fun to see what everyone is showing.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

What great stuff! I would go nuts in a place like that! 50cents for every thing???? Wow! The bird cage was very cool!

Ally's Corner said...

Wow you got some great stuff. Wish I could find a fan.

Ally

The Flying Bee said...

Barbara Jean...thanks for coming by my blog! WOW! You hit the jackpot on this trip! You picked up some great stuff. :)

Blessings,
Adrienne

Becky said...

Barbara Jean, I wanna go toooooooo! What a fun looking place. Do you have birds or just like the cages? Really great finds here.

Happy VTT!!

JEWELGIRL said...

Great treasures but the 50 cent goodies hunt would be fun! :)