Friday, October 30, 2009




Some New Art for You

Today, in the midst of racing around getting ready to leave for a few days,
I did manage to finish some original art I was working on.

It was inspired by a small box of dried out leaves (just the skeletons left).
I've had them for months,
and suddenly I had a vision of how to use them.

This is my finished piece.




I'm putting this one in the gift shop,
and have enough to make one more.

While we are on vacation, I will look for some more 'skeletons'.

I'm linking this to
Funky Junk's
Saturday Nite Speical.
Take a look and then join in!!






Thanks for coming by.

See you all in a week.

Blessings

barbara jean

10 comments:

Funky Junk Interiors said...

What a neat idea!! We all love antiques but never think to use an 'antiqued by nature' leaf. Brilliant thought! I love the soft overall look they achieve.

Thanks for linking up to the party!

FJ Donna

V I N T A G E O L O G I E said...

The leaf pictures look awesome! Very nice ... you've got talent!! Happy late vbf!!

xo
Jill

gina said...

Very nice!

The Old Parsonage said...

What a great idea. I love how the frame gives it depth.

Leann

Shanty 2 Chic said...

Love this... It did turn out beautiful!

~Whitney

Dianna said...

It's fun making art from different materials.

The leaf is very creative.

cindy said...

Just beautiful. I'm really into using nature stuff right now in my decorating. REally lovely!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Oh my goodness, it is so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

These are BEAUTIFUL, Barb!!
Diane

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

Beautiful work!! Have a safe trip! Hugs, Janna