Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Little of This, and a Little of That.


Here is my Wednesday post.

White Wednesday

This is my new "white" hutch for the store.

Does it look white to you??





No. It doesn't look white to me either.
But it sure did int he ad on Craig's List when i emailed
and told the people i would take it.
So, imagine my surprise when i walked in and saw it was green!
So, this is now my new 'green' hutch in the new room.

White pumpkins
(at the shop)



Now here is some real white stuff.
an old clock.


some vintage metal hangars.

some sideways gloves and threads in a bowl.

a cuteleter holder and little vintage purse

and a white frame and basket.


Here is my Rednesday.
Just a little bit of red.

an old red padlock.

And these little mini red apple tea sets.

(on sale now. Let me know if you are interested.)

and Outdoor Wednesday

My Egret friend was back for a couple of days.
Wonder where he does the other days?


And I'd like you to meet Charlotte.
She hangs out in our front yard.
She did not want her picture taken,
and scurried up her web while i was getting my camera.

I'll see if i can get a better picture another time.

Hope you are all having a wonderful week.

Barbara jean

here are the links to go check out the other posts for Wednesday.
Thanks for hosting ladies!!!




~White Wednesday


at
Faded Charm

image


Outdoor Wednesday at

Southern Daydreamer

and

at Sue Loves Cherries

and what ya working on Wednesday
(need their address if you have it.)



19 comments:

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Barb.
Thank you for sharing your photos! The hutch does look nice though...good condition.
Hope you are having a great week!
Sharon

Mary said...

What a great post today, Barb! I love the green desk and hutch...its a pretty shade...are you going to paint it white? And love the little apple teaset...so cute...and Charlotte! I had to look twice to see her, but there she was! So nice to see all your lovely whites, red, and the great outdoors!

Happy Wednesday!
Mary

10 Minute Crafter said...

Wow, I love your "white" hutch!! It sure isn't white, but it is beautiful!! The little white basket is lovely, did you make it?

Sheryn xox

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy REDnesday, Barbara Jean! I actually like the shade of green. It is a very nice colour. Love your little bits of red too. Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Lynn said...

I just love your "white" cupboard :) It looks really nice in the green too actually, to me anyway I have a fondness for that green.

Anonymous said...

Your hutch doesn't look white to me either....but it is very pretty all the same. You have it looking great with your decorating skills.

Janean said...

Barb, thanks for stopping by my site! Yay! Is your green hutch going to become white? It's sweet and so is your blog.

Martha, Vintage Trifles said...

Hi Barb! Boy, that's lots of 'ednesdays! Good job. Thanks for stopping by my site. Hope to see you soon and take care, M.

ClassyChassy said...

The spider is great for Halloween.... but I prefer looking at your store goodies!

★Carol★ said...

All of your white is just lovely, even your green hutch! Funny story! Sweet little tea sets too. And I always enjoy a good spider picture. I used to be terrified of them, but now I have a healthy respect for them!
Happy Rednesday!
Carol

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Barb...

Ohhh my...wonder why those people advertised that hutch as being white? Well...it's not white but it sure is a pretty shade of green...it's a beautiful hutch, my friend! Looks like you've got a start at accessorizing it too...love that pretty white lace on the shelves!!! Love all of your beautiful whites and reds! What a cute red padlock! Hehe! Okay, my friend...I'm glad that Charlotte is living in your back yard and not mine! Eeeeks!!!

Thank you for sharing all your pretties with us today, my friend! I really enjoyed them!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Rednesday! Spiders - not my favorite - but I loved your tidbits of red.

GwendolynKay said...

So when you went to get the white hutch , it was green? Funny world. You have some very lovely whites here. I love the sparkley vintage purse.
Have a blessed day!
Gwen

Lynn said...

Just because it isn't white now, does not mean it can not BECOME white! :)

Anonymous said...

Barb, I just keep thinking how I wish I lived near you. You'd never have to worry about selling something because I'd always be buying! :-)
Diane

Annie said...

I love the mini apple tea set, it is so cute. I think the green cupboard is lovely, much better than white !
Ann x

Dawn said...

I love soft cottage greens like the hutch. Even if you don't paint it your white items will look lovely on it.
Hugs,
Dawn

Mollye said...

All pretty stuff. For some reason my favorite is the red lock and all the white threads. Great post. Mollye

SueLovesCherries said...

Hi Barbara! Sorry I'm late - insanely busy two days. If I hadn't gotten the Rednesday post up on Tuesday night, it never would have happened!

I love the green hutch - it's a nice shade of green. Pretty pumpkins, too! Love the padlock photo!