Thursday, October 29, 2009

Here is some old old black for you,

and some not quite "Get R Dones"

Here is some black for you.

You never know what you will find while out walking.
When I saw this...
I knew it was the perfect Vintage Black Friday Treasure.
(it really was black, just looks grayish green in pic).




ooh! oooh! oooh!

More black!!

This was my lucky week for vintage black finds.


a vintage cookbook, and a photo album (only .25!). =0))


a cool old dustpan.(I know a great artist out there who would be painting on this!) =0)
and coolest of them all.....



this old metal train!!
Here it is with the car i got with it.
Don't know if they go together.
Second car has (written on the bottom,)
"Mar Toys, Made in United States of America".
It is missing two back wheels, but is still mega cool!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Get R Done

I have a lot going on at the store.
Lots of unfinished projects.
Rearranging furniture, putting up displays,
sorting inventory, crafting and more.


But here are some things that I did get done.

I laid on this bed....

and let this girl...

Jennifer,
Give me a massage.
( a gift certificate from my sweet fella last Christmas).

I took these two sweeties,
(my sweet son-in-law, and youngest granddaughter)

along with these two...
(our grandson, and my sweet fella)

and the rest of the family,
(8 of us all together.)
out for our weekly 99 cent yogurt on Wednesday night.

Now, I'd say i accomplished quite a lot.
Wouldn't you?? =0))

smiles and blessings,

barbara jean

Please visit





Vintage Black Friday
@ Gypsy Broc
ante

Get R Done Friday

Get R Done Friday
at Expressly Corgi.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION

I will be unable to post for 1 week.
So, don't forget me, but check on back
on the 8th for more fun here!!

hugs and blessings









12 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

Good post! I like your attitude on Get R Done!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

A treasure trove of vintage black finds! But I have to say that the best treasure would be a massage!!!

Hugs,
Marsha

Chatty Crone said...

Hope you are going on a nice trip!
Your family is adorable. Love the 99 cent yogart outing. And I remember those black dust pans from somewhere. I think you got a lot done!

The Old Parsonage said...

Glad that you "Got R Done," family time is most important anyway!

Love the black motorcycles!
Leann

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your treasures are great. That motorbike is just unreal. What a treat to get a massage, but best of all was the night out for Yogurt. Such fun. Hugs, Marty

ClassyChassy said...

Thanks for participating in GET R DONE - you got a lot done, as always! That dust pan would look great with decorative painting on it - how about a CORGI??? Have a great weekend!

Claudia said...

Oh, that massage would be welcome about now! Love your vintage blacks this week - the motorcycles are great! Happy VBF!

Joyce @ The Craft Barn said...

Hello! In honor of sharing all of your ideas, projects and creativity I am passing along the Kreativ Blogger award to you. I'll be posting a link to my blog shortly! Congrats and hope you can play along!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Barb, wow, the motorcycle is great. What a treat getting to see it. Brings some great images to mind! Have a wonderful weekend with your family!
Debra

LADY JANE said...

Now that massage! Way to get her done! Have a wonderful little vacation from blogging...come see me when you're back!

julie said...

Love the old cycle. What a treasure. Happy VBF...

Angela said...

Hey Barbara Jean!

I agree with ClassyChassy! Everything needs a corgi on it! hehehe You gotta love a place that you can take 8 people to get yougurt for less than $10. That the way to~

Get R Done Friday!
Angela