Saturday, October 17, 2009



Funky Junk Interiors

is having a Saturday Night Special Party,
and I'm linking up to Mondays

DIY Show Off for Fall.



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




If you have visited lately at all,
you know how much fun i am having with my crows.
Some of these pics i have posted before, but
here are a couple of new ones for you.

This *crow's nest is in a lamp.
I just spray painted the lamp black,
took out the guts,
put an old rusty wire shade form on it,
and draped it with cheesecloth type fabric,
added a nest on the inside, and a crow on 'look out'.

SOLD


This is my newest crow's nest.

It is done on a dark chocolate brown velvet pumpkin,
with sequins!!

Mr. Crow does not mind
sharing his place with two friends,
as long as they do not eat much.

A fiend of mine in blogger land (thank you Lea @ ye old potting shed)
called one of my crow's "Edgar Allen Crow".
Is that too cute? Now why didn't i think of that?

So, *meet Mr Edgar Allen Crow!!

I love this one!
Just an old frame painted black.
Music paper background,
an old watch face, piece off a door know,
cheesecloth, little signs, and spiders,
and there you go!!

Here is quick and easy.
(not supposed to be sideways!).

Some plastic letters from a game.
Paint the edges black, glue on music paper,
make it all look old, and wa lah!!
Another project for your Halloween decor.

This old lantern spray painted black,
was my first piece of crow art.
A nest, some raffia, and a couple of signs, and spider friends,
and there you go again.
Now here is someone else for you to meet.


This is Gertie, the witch.
I painted her several years ago.
She is 5' tall,
and in October is the 'greeter' at the front door of the store.
She does not much like being out in the cold and wet,
but has a good attitude, knowing she
gets to 'rest' the other 11 months of the year
inside a warm house.. =0))


Say good by Gertie.

Blessings and thanks for joining in.

barbara jean

* items at gift shop.
Go HERE to shop

Hey, Donna at Funky Junk has
featured my mini nest tutorial on her side bar!!

How great is that?

Thanks Donna!!!

I will gladly give you more info on any of these
projects if you wish to try one yourself.

GO HERE FOR MORE FUN!!!




13 comments:

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Oh too cute! The black crows just scream fall, dont' they? I loved browsing your site and fell in love with the nest tutorials. So much so that I featured one on my Today's Hot Find. :)

Thanks for joining the party today!

Funky Junk Donna

Anonymous said...

Barb, I'm thinking your crow and lampshade in the top picture need to go to Stampington! You are a very talented lady!

Also...what about the Haute Handbags magazine for those precious lace handbags!

Diane

Lisa said...

Oh I think your crows are wonderful, and so is Gertie the witch. I've been into he birds this year too! Isn't halloween fun?! Lisa

Unknown said...

the lamp is a really wonderful bet is looks great at night!

seanymph said...

Im not on here as much as Ive been in the past either. Im packing and cleaning out stuff and getting ready to list this house. Im not up your way yet......but I will be soon! Once I land somewhere Ill let you know.......maybe we can connect finally :)

Sammy Girl said...

Hello Barbara Jean ....
I LOVE Gertie! Of course Edgar is charming, too, but Gertie is the Hostess with the Mostess!
Hugs!
Betty :

Vicki said...

Hello, Barb,
Thank you for showing us so many ways to show off the crows. I love Edgar Allen Crow, so cute! and I love, love, love the little witch you made. If I lived closer to you, I would beg you to make me one for purchase. Happy autumn to you! and thank you for stopping by for a visit today. Vicki

Roeshel said...

Barb! - who knew crows could be called beautiful? Such clever ideas! I love them!

Thanks so much for adding your inspiration to the Fall Festival!

:)
Roeshel

Chatty Crone said...

I love Gertie too! SHe's a cutie.

Sandi said...

The crows nest in the lampshade is just too cute!! I am constantly amazed at so much creativity in blogland!! You people must stay up nights thinking up things to make!
lol
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Love the BOO with the music background! Very creative...
pk @ Room Remix

Leanne said...

Love all the crows. And I love the Boo sign with the paper behind it. Thanks for sharing your great ideas.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I just adore all your crow projects.