Friday, August 21, 2009


Pink Saturday


A gift, and some vintage pieces.


Be sure to visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound,
and see all the other pink posts
for Pink Saturday.
Thanks for hosting Beverly.


My dear brother gave me a gift
when we hung out the other day.
Now, you have to know with my brother,
it could be some kind of silly gift,
or something very sweet, and thoughtful.
But, you never really know which it might be.

I asked what it was for,
and he said 'Just because you're you!".
Isn't that sweet?

Here is the bag it came in.

I pulled out this 'nicely' wrapped gift. =0)


And carefully opened it...

to find....

a pink ceramic bathtub!
You know, the kind they used to make in the 70's?

Now, I was not sure if this was a sincere
gift because he thought i would like it.
Or, something for me to put in the store...
but whichever it was, it really was not quite me.

When i inquired which one it was for,
he said, " for one of your blog days!!!

Isn't that the greatest??
I love it!!

So, wallah!
My pink bathtub for pink Saturday.

thanks brother. =)))



And here it is in the store.


And how is this for pink?!!
That is what i would call pink!!

I saw it on my morning walk a few days ago
and could not resist showing it to you.


And this sweet little sun bonnet Sue
quilt was made by my Mom,
for our daughter.
So, at 34, it is vintage too.



Blessings on this pink Saturday.
Hope you are all feeling "in the pink'!!!

Barbara Jean

24 comments:

Drawn to The Sea said...

A very sweet brother indeed. A pretty pink bathtub to fill with pink soaps, or candy, or teeny little sea shells, or...

And the Beatle gave a good giggle.
Wishing you a pleasant weekend,
Julia @ Drawn to the Sea

Anonymous said...

what a very cool brother happy pink saturday

Pink Princess said...

OH I love that little bath tub, lol. And how sweet of your brother to think about PINK Saturday ♥♥
WHADDAGUY!!

Sammy Girl said...

Hi, Barb!
Just a very quick note to say "hi".
Love the pink VW and would love to keep a copy of the pic. You KNOW how I LOVE pink cars!!
Hugs from London!
B :)

Elena said...

What a lovely thing for your brother to do for you. I quite like the pink bathtub - it's cute.

You wouldn't miss a pink car like that on the road .... although it doesn't look like it's going anywhere, lol.

Have a happy pink saturday and a wonderful week.

ciao for now,
Elena :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The bathrub is just too cute. I love it. Hugs, Marty

Claudia said...

I love the story about your brother - how sweet! The pink VW is awfully cute! Happy Pink Saturday!

Regina said...

Nice pink!
Happy PS and enjoy your weekend.

Drawn to The Sea said...

Barb, of course you can use my "no tags" idea... I'd be tickled PINK.

;-))

Regina said...

Hello Barb. Such petty pink.
Have a great week ahead.

Lisa said...

Really awesome pinks!!!
Hugs, Lisa

CC said...

Ooooo, I love it all, from the bathtub and little shoes..to that gorgeous Sunbonnet Sue quilt. She is my favorite quilt pattern, and I so enjoyed seeing yours. Happy Pink Saturday..have a great weekend.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Barbara Jean,
What a wonderful Pink Saturday post. Love the little bath tub, especially when you sit it next to the little pink shoes. How precious was that? Love it. Love the love bug too. It sure is pink!! Wonderful post honey. Thanks for sharing. Please stop by and say hi. Country hugs, Sherry

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Love this post!



~ Gabriela ~

Light and Voices said...

That Pink Volkswagon is the coolest.
jfm

Sarah said...

Love the pink V Bug. Thanks for sharing. Happy PInk Saturday ~ Hyacinth

http://hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/

♥Mimi♥ said...

I hate to be a broken record, but it's cold and gloomy here today and it rained all day yesterday! Hoping that I can get outside a bit to check out my gardens☺ Pink Saturday is bringing a little much needed and very welcome color into my home today. Thanks so much for participating. It's always so nice to visit your blog and see what's going on.

Hope your weekend is filled with sunshine and everyone you l♥ve. I'm hoping mine will be dry☺

♥Mimi♥ said...

I hate to be a broken record, but it's cold and gloomy here today and it rained all day yesterday! Hoping that I can get outside a bit to check out my gardens☺ Pink Saturday is bringing a little much needed and very welcome color into my home today. Thanks so much for participating. It's always so nice to visit your blog and see what's going on.

Hope your weekend is filled with sunshine and everyone you l♥ve. I'm hoping mine will be dry☺

Vicki said...

Hi, Barbara Jean,
How sweet of your brother to remember you with that cute pink bathtub. I love how you have the tiny shoes displayed in it. Sunbonnet Sue is one of my favorites. Thanks for stopping by Bunny Cottage. Have a nice weekend. Vicki

Cottage Rose said...

Hello Barbara; Happy Pink Saturday;
How sweet of your Brother to give you a gift from his heart.... how blessed you are... I just love that pink tub,, it is so cute.. as well as all the other beautiful Pinks.. That Sun Bonnet Sue and Sam quilt is so pretty...
Have a great weekend.
Hugs;
Alaura

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the images you selected to share with us today. The bath tub is very cute. I hope you age having a great weekend.

Unknown said...

How sweet is your brother. I love the pink bathtube. Thanks for visit me. Happy Pink Saturday!!

Patricia said...

All your Pinks are beautiful. Your Pink tiny tub is so dear. Happy Pink Saturday and have a wonderful new week.

Xazmin said...

Love it! I love pink!!! It's one of my favorite colors.