Thursday, July 9, 2009


Hi.
This is

"Get R Done" Friday.


Get R Done Friday

Go on over to
Classy Chassy,
and check out hers and the others participating.

and

Show and Tell Friday

Show and Tell

Go on over to Kelli's House
and see all the other nice posts.

Thanks for hosting ladies!


---------------------------

This is my first Get R Done for tonight.

Remember I said i had a garage sale last weekend?
The next two pics are just a bit of the mess we had after.
Just imagine the other 3 tables full of stuff,
and a few more pieces of furniture,
and you would get the picture.





Here it is 1 1/2 hours after the sale.
I got the clean up done that fast,
with help from my fella
who helped with the heavy stuff.

(unfortunately, I still hurt my back!!)
Still putting away a few things here and there
and advertising some of the furniture, but looks like a store again.
So, we pretty much Got R Done!!

---------------------------------

Here is my 2nd Get R Done
and my Show and Tell.


Remember those cute little white ceramic bird dishes?
A whole 2" long max.

Well, I used some of these materials,

And came up with these.This beautiful blueish color,

And this, the same color but antiqued.

Instructions anyone??

Spray glossy ceramic surface with matte sealer. let dry.
sponge on color of your choice. (small item, small pours in sponge)
*(letting some of the white ceramic show through gives it more dimension.)
let dry, and spray with matte sealer again.
let dry and wipe on burnt umber paint
mixed with color float of any other acrylic paint extender.
gently wipe of top of brown,
leaving color in grooves. Let dry.
Spray with matte sealer again.

* If your ceramic is totally not a color you like,
you can sponge on two coats,
or spray paint it with a base color then follow above steps.
Always use the matte spray before and after you paint on glossy surfaces.
That is what keeps the paint on!

There you go, fast and easy!!

Blessings,
and thanks for coming by.

Barbara Jean

9 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

That turned out so cute! Did you add a fixative when you finished the new look? What keeps the color from coming off later? Love your bird - thanks for participating!

blushing rose said...

What a darling recreation ... TTFN ~Marydon

ClassyChassy said...

Okay - now it make sense as to how to add the staying power! Thanks Barb!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

I love the bird, it turned out to be such a lovely color.

I hope your back is better soon.

Iris

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh my I would have loved to have been at your sale. There was a lot of yummy white goodness!

Thanks for sharing the techinque for painting the bird. I'm always looking for new crafts to try.

I've added your site to my friend links, so that everyone can visit.

Enjoy your weekend!

Sandi said...

Boy aren't garage sales a lot of work?? I love the little birdies too. SO cute!!
Blessings~

Lisa said...

Super! Love your birdies!!
Hugs, Lisa

Nanna said...

wow I'd love to of been at your yard sale! great job on the birdies too
Helen

^..^Corgidogmama said...

That looked like a wonderful sale!
Hubby and I were working in our basement today, sorting and bagging things for Goodwill, and boxing up items for our yard sale...hopefully we'll be ready in a few weeks.
Clever re-do of that sweet little bird.
Susan