Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saturday Repair, Sunday shopping tip


I found this cracked piece of molding Saturday while at the shop.
Since it was slow I decided to just glue this little piece of molding back
on so it did not keep catching when i opened the door.
I looked through my glues.
Hmmm. Tacky glue, Craft and Hobby glue; Too long to dry.
Wood glue, too long to dry and ugly color if i don't get it just right.
Deja vu glue, for when you want to reposition or take off. That won't do.
Hollered to my fella who had ridden his bike over to visit with me,
"Hon, Do you think Super Glue will work to glue a piece of broken door casing?"
"Probably" was his reply.
So super glue it was.
Gel is the best for wood so I squeezed
some out at the top of the loose piece and pushed the wood into position.
And held it a bit. I started laughing.
Then i called, " Hon, could you come help me when you have a minute?"
Here's how he found me.
Yes. Still holding it. STUCK!!!
We both laughed our heads off!
I mean i was really stuck, and when i tried to pull myself loose it hurt.
I'm sure if i had tried harder i would have just pulled my skin right off my fingers!
I was not only stuck to the casing with 2 fingers and a thumb,
my other thumb and finger were stuck together! I mean i was stuck.

So, what to use to get me unstuck.
I sent Scott for some things i thought might work.
We decided to try the pray hand cleaner first.
That is what i use to get spray paint off my fingers at times.
Scott sprayed, and i kind of moved my fingers as much as i could to get it moved around.
Then he sprayed some more.
We are laughing the whole time,
but my fingers were hurting from trying to pull them off.

But, it worked!!

Finally, free at last.
The hand cleaner actually took the paint off the door casing and that is how i got loose!

Now, i have fingers that are a bit red,
super glue still stuck to them, and a door casing that is still not fixed!!
Here are my two hero's!!
I can't help but wonder what would have happened if my fella had not been there!
I had 4 customers the whole day long!!

We've decided any future projects that use of Super Glue,
should be done with rubber gloves!!

So, my Sunday shopping tip:
Buy rubber gloves!

Best place to buy rubber gloves, and Super Glue: Dollar Store

Now go on over to: http://bridalblooms4u.blogspot.com/
for more great shopping tips!!

10 comments:

The Painted Nest said...

Barbara, I'm laughing with you! Only because I've done that too!! Of course it wasn't a door jam but I walked around with a vase glued to my hand for about 2 hours until I got free!!! I used alittle paint thinner~~~ That glue should come with something to get you unstuck for people like us!!(LOL) I'm glad you're o.k. Blessings sweet Barbara, Deborah

Susie Mitchell said...

OH Barb! You could have had a real dilemma! I gave up super glue years ago. Not once in my life did I ever use it that I didn't get stuck...either my fingers stuck together, or to something I didn't want them stuck to...or the final straw that broke the camel's back...I glued a cup onto a table top. Super glue is not permitted to live at my house. LOL
Have a great evening. Make this week a week to look back on and smile.
Blessings & Hugs,
Susie

Allidink said...

Oh my! LOL. Super Glue can be so testy..I have been caught in that situation a time or two.

All the best,
Allison

Kammy said...

Hi Barb,
Thanks for visiting my site for my post with Sunday Shopping Secrets ! I love
your post about that hand cleaner...now I know what I need..I am always getting paint all over me, LOL. Can't say I have had the experience with the crazy glue - but sure have learned a lesson through your story ! You are
lucky your husband was around, or you could have withered away...I can hear the news now..."Lady stuck
to woodwork with crazy glue...family sueing...." just kidding - loved your story. Thanks for have the courage to share, LOL !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Now THAT is life in the fast lane. I have never in my life been stuck to a door jamb..and now KNOW for sure I don't want to be! LOL I am glad you are free, still have your skin on your fingers (for the most part) and still have your wonderful attitude! I hate to admit it but the air around me would have probably turned BLUE!
GOOD girl! You did great!! :)
Hugs...and thank you for your sweet visit!
Mona

OCDesigner ~Athella said...

Funny...I loved the story but, mostly love that you both laughed about it together!!! ~Athella

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

Nail polish remover works great. It has to be the acetone kind, though, or it won't work.

"Blossom" said...

I am still laughing over this story. What a great post for our SSS this week. I am so glad that you finally got free; from your sticky situation. Thank you for joining us.
blossom

Robin said...

This just made me laugh! Been there and done that....only not on the door frame! Yes, acetone nail polish remover worked for me as I tried to pry my fingers apart after gluing something with that nasty super glue! Glad you are okay!!

Leaon Mary said...

heeheehaahaahooooOOoOoo
I'M TOADILY bustin a gut girl!